410 Labs, Inc. (d/b/a Mailstrom) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our sites or uses our applications (our “Services”) and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
Our data collection, use and protection policies are described below.
Users of Our Website, Applications and Services
Like most operators of web services and applications, Mailstrom collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each user request. Mailstrom's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Mailstrom's users use its website. From time to time, Mailstrom may share or release non-personally-identifying information as described below.
Mailstrom also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Mailstrom does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain users of Mailstrom's Services choose to interact with Mailstrom in ways that require Mailstrom to gather personally-identifying information. Mailstrom may gain access to personally-identifying information due to the user signing-up or using the service via a third party, such as Google. For example, Mailstrom may collect your name, email address and email credentials when you register for the service and may collect, retain and use the email address you use when you make inquiries.
The amount and type of information that Mailstrom gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Mailstrom collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the user's interaction with Mailstrom. Mailstrom does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities.
Mailstrom may share your personally identifying information if the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of Services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of the company's assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets).
Children's Privacy. This service is not designed nor intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13. Mailstrom does not knowingly collect from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not submit any information.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Under GDPR, we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
If you are based in the EU, in certain circumstances, you have rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data. You may have the right to request access to any personal data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored, the source of the personal data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You may have the right to request that personal data held about you is deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data. You may have the right to request transfer of personal data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may contact you by email with information, news and offers on our Services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR.
We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to provide our Services to you, or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. When you delete your account we will keep your data for up to three months to facilitate easy restarting of your account, which many people chose to do, unless you request otherwise by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Your Data
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Mailstrom limits use of user-supplied data to providing or improving features available to you in Mailstrom, and does not use your data for any other purpose. In cases where we contract third parties to deliver the Mailstrom product, we do not transfer or otherwise share any data except for that which is necessary to provide or improve Mailstrom features, or where necessary to comply with applicable law. Mailstrom does not use any user-supplied data for the purpose of serving ads, including retargeting, personalized, or interest-based advertising. Mailstrom does not allow its employees or designated contractors ability to view user-supplied data unless (a) we have received your affirmative consent to view specific messages, (b) it is necessary, for the purposes of security, to investigate a bug or potential abuse, (c) it is necessary to comply with applicable law, (d) it is required for internal product operations and data (and derivations) have been aggregated and anonymized. If you are a registered user of Mailstrom and have supplied your email address, Mailstrom may occasionally send you an email to tell you about relevant user activity on Mailstrom, new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Mailstrom. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Mailstrom does not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
A list of the third parties that either supply or process data for Mailstrom is available on our GDPR information page.
Mailstrom does not use technology that responds to "do not track" signals from your web browser.
Mailstrom allows selected third parties such as Google to place cookies through the service to provide us with better insights into the use of the service or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer's online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our service.
Further general information about cookies and how they work is available at allaboutcookies.org.
Please contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated May 22, 2018